how it's really like being an only child

Hey, it's me again. Tbh I don't really care if anybody would read this, I just want to get these feelings n thoughts out there.

People say that only child is spoiled because they got both of their parent's love, and they don't have to share with their siblings. well, I'm an only child, and it doesn't always feel like that. I'm not THAT spoiled (I think).

well... what it's really like being an only child is that u have to get used to being alone. U have to learn how to entertain urself, and u may have to learn to get through ur personal issues alone. And yes, yes ik that I'm not alone but I'd rather go through some things alone and not be a burden to anyone else, not even to my closest friends. And I feel like the only person that can understand me perfectly in this world is myself. I know myself best. I also think that making peace w/ urself is really important. And it's really important as well to be ur own no. 1 supporter. That way when u feel like nobody cares and nobody believes in u,  u can say "hey, it's ok bcz I believe in u, & I will always be here for u".

It's just like what Mxmtoon said in prom dress, "I can't help the fact that I liked to be alone, it might seem kinda sad but that's just what I seem to know" and yes it might seem kinda sad, but I do like being alone. It's never awkward, u never have to think of how u should act, it's nice. It's more room for my thoughts. I'm just used to it.

But there are some times when I do might want a sibling. I just thought it'd be fun. Getting in trouble together, plan, and do crazy things together, have awesome memories together. And yea I do hear enough stories and rants abt how siblings are annoying. But hey, at least u have a partner in crime. I'm still am thankful tho being born as an only child. solitude, it's nice. I get to explore myself and have great and deep thoughts and imagination.

One sentence to perfectly describe the only child is definitely "alone, but not lonely" ;)


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

a p o e m about CORONAVIRUS heehee

Intro (ish) pt. 2

Dear 2020